Want to get involved? Do you want to become a volunteer?
EduCare Support Services, Inc. seeks talented people who are interested to volunteer alongside other members of our staff in the planning, raising funds and implementing our programs.
Please feel free to contact us by clicking here for further information on how you can become a volunteer with us.
Learn about Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits …"Helping Yourself While Helping Other"
In this article: Volunteering connects you to others, volunteering is good for mind and body, volunteering can advance your career, volunteering brings fun and fulfillment, how to find the right opportunity, getting the most out of volunteering, references and resources.
Volunteer Vacancies at the Takoma Park Food Pantry
EduCare Support Services, Inc is a non-profit corporation registered in the State of Maryland under IRS Code 501(c)(3), giving back to our local community.
The goal of the Takoma Park Food Pantry is to treat our clients with dignity and respect, while fulfilling the requirements of our partner agencies. We try to offer a well-rounded array of foods for their monthly offer, as well, some basic non-food items such as paper products and personal care products on a rotation basis.
Open: Monday - Friday by Appointment Only Sunday: Closed
Monthly Food Distribution: Every 1st Saturday 12:00pm — 3:00pm
1. Treasure or Accountant: We are in need of individuals with experience in budgeting and accountant management as soon as possible.
2. Fund Raising Committee: Individuals with experience in soliciting funds for not-for-profit organizations.
3. Day time and Weekend Program Support Volunteers / Off-Site Door-to-Door Mobile Delivery Team Members: Volunteers are needed on every last Fridays(6:00pm-10:00pm) and 1st Saturdays (10:00am-3:00pm) every month to assist us with packaging and distributing of perishable and non-perishable food items to residents of Takoma Park and surrounding communities.
4. Board of Directors: Individuals with experience in program management including budgeting and accounting are needed to serve as treasure/accountant and members of the program sustainability committee.
Duration: All volunteer are required to volunteer for a minimum of six months and beyond
Minimum Age to Volunteer: 16 years old and above (seniors and persons with disabilities are encouraged to volunteer).
* Anyone under the age of sixteen is only allowed to volunteer with us if they are accompanied by an adult and/ or with a letter of consent from a parent of guardian.
For further information, please Contact Us
Telephone: 240-450-2092 Email: email@example.com
Open: Monday-Friday: 10:00am-4:30pm
Location: 7001 New Hampshire Avenue, Takoma Park, MD20912
In Partnership with the City of Takoma Park, Grace UM Church, Manna Food Centre,
and the Capital Area Food Bank
" It pays to Volunteer!!!" Thank You!!!